testifying in Thailand

testifying in Thailand

Monday, December 11, 2017

Week 77 - Bangkok North Presents....A JOURNEY TO BETHLEHEM

The lights dimmed, the candles were lit, places were taken and a journey was had...this past week our stake put on a giant production of A JOURNEY TO BETHLEHEM and it was the most memorable thing.

The entire church was decorated for the event, each room being a different scene on the journey to Bethlehem and to the birth of the Savior. I was in the angel and shepherds room and it was SO fun! This event was made to help people understand more about the holiday and tie it in to the actual meaning....CHRIST.

Leading up to the event we advertised EVERYWHERE, handed out hundreds of invitations and even got permission to go caroling at a giant mall in our area! And as a result we had over ONE THOUSAND people come through! We did our 4 minute presentation 39 times and got free dinner so it was a successful night! 

In our room the shepherds sang 'Oh Little Town of Bethlehem" and gave a cool talk about how the humble shepherds were some of the first to hear of the birth of Jesus Christ and the miracle that that was...then we angels sang 'Far Far Away on Judea's Plains' and the spirit filled the room, every time. My favorite is the chorus as it reads:
Glory to God, glory to God, glory to God in the highest, peace on earth good will to men
I was so happy to be able to proclaim this to all these random people, GLORY TO GOD because He sent Peace (our Savior) to this earth! I love Christmas so very much. It helps me remember who I need to be putting in the center of my life and the miracle that His life truly was. As I sang that with a bunch of other people/missionaries the spirit testified to me that this actually happened. Christ the Messiah was born in Bethlehem and at the time we all were REJOICING in heaven that a Savior was born. How glorious is this message??

Merry Christmas from your angelic friends.

If you want to see a crazy dramatic video advertising for this event follow this link! An amazing member in my ward made it, so enjoy:)   [Sister Hammon appears about 45 seconds into the 3 minute video]


I am so happy. I don't think a smile has left my face since December started because it's CHRISTMAS TIME. Truly is the best time ever, especially to be a missionary in Thailand. I know that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ, and God so loved US, so He sent His Son.

Don't forget to participate in Light the World! Take this opportunity to serve everyone you can, spread the joy around a little bit and have an incredible week!! Love you all very very much! and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Much much love,
Sister Hammon

PS. BIGGEST miracle of the week, our 14 year old investigator finally got permission from her parents to get baptized! Biggest answer to prayers for that little girl, ah I love her. Pray for our other investigators, they are dying to get baptized on Christmas but waiting for parents' permission.

 Caroling at the Mall

MLC…last one 😔

MERRY CHRISTMAS…Love, the Pakkret District

Finally got a picture in front of the mission office…
but in a few years this will be a TEMPLE!

Don’t forget to come to English class!

I have another granddaughter!  They came for switch offs
so a generation picture was required

So every Wednesday the school kids wear their scouting uniform and it reminds me of the movie ‘Up’ so I finally got a picture of it.  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment