testifying in Thailand

testifying in Thailand

Monday, June 26, 2017

Week 53 - Where did all the miracles come from?!

So I have mentioned seeing miracles before, a lot before actually, but I cannot explain what happened this week. We worked like normal, I didn't do anything crazy different than I usually do, but our companionship got 11 new investigators and had 14 investigators at church....14. Hah--for call in reports the zone leaders didn't even believe us the numbers were so high, "Did you pay them?!" All I know is that it wasn't anything I did--GOD WANTS KORAT TO PICK UP, so he sent just about 39847293 miracle stories this week.

So also just a random fact--THE BIBLE IS AMAZING. I really dove into reading it on my mission and oh my word. I LOVE IT. Seriously I get ready super fast just so I can read more in the morning and at night.  Something that really stuck out to me this week was in Genesis 41:16, Joseph declared that it wasn't him who would interpret the dreams, " It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace. " And that is how I felt this entire week...these miracles are not in me, but because of God's will and His infinite power! (<-- that is the challenge for this week, turn the glory to God!)

We had so many miracle stories but I don't know any to share! We had so many moments of split second decisions that resulted in us meeting a new investigator or being able to make an awesome invite! On July 9th we have 2 people scheduled to get baptized (see picture) and they are THE CUTEST. Sister Addt has had such a hard life, but once she heard about this gospel from her friend (YAY REFERRALS) she has spent all of her time reading and learning with us! I already love them SO MUCH and cannot wait for this special day of theirs. Pray for them:)

FUNNY
Sooo I don't know what it is but my companions have so many bike problems hahaha I'm laughing just typing this out. So we were running late for an appointment and Sister Henry needed to drop some bike spray off at the house but we didn't have time to stop so she decided to throw the bike spray over the fence to save time...the following occurred in a matter of 3 seconds:
     -Sister Henry throws the bike spray
     -the bike spray hits the fence and ricochets back at her
     -the bike spray hits her face causing her to swerve
     -Sister Henry runs into a parked motorcycle and falls off her bike 
     -the bike spray hits the ground
Hahahaha I am never bored with her as a companion and that is for sure.

LOVE YOU ALL! Have a great week--I promise miracles have not ceased! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. Blessings beyond belief every singe day:)

รัก มาก มาก
Sister Hammon

This is on the way to Sister Addt’s house!  Also fun fact, 
I tripped a second after this picture was taken hahaha

Haha just look at how many times this drink guy has been invited 
(notice the color fade of the pass along cards from the sun)

The Elders bought me sticky rice and mangoes for my year mark—
can’t believe I just said it was my year mark.

Our 2 new investigators! Sister Addt and the little girl Pomprame, 
getting baptized on July 9th!

Our HOUSE!

Corn!

Cute children

This dog lives in the church, his name is Coffee (so everyone makes a pun, 
“Coffee, you know your’e not allowed in the church” haha  I laugh every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment