testifying in Thailand

testifying in Thailand

Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 30 - Elephant Rides and Faithful Investigators

This week I am at a loss for what to write about so I am just going to start writing and hope something decent comes out! Also I have a bunch of pictures so hopefully that can help explain my week!

SISTER DOUK (แม่ ตุก)
Family is in the picture (we ate dinner with them) Her daughter is a member and her husband has yet to learn)
This woman is incredible. She has been learning with the missionaries for about 4 months and has a date to get baptized in a few weeks! Her faith astounds me. She didn't receive the warmest welcome into the ward (about a month ago) but she told us that she understands, no one can be perfect and she will continue to learn with us! Missionaries haven't been able to teach her husband but when I got to Sisaket we saw his heart begin to change! He has been so welcoming to missionaries and we are trying so hard to have the opportunity to teach him, prayers sent his way! His Sister Douk told us that it was her dream to go through the temple with her husband and children....ANOTHER 4 YEARS AND THAT DREAM WILL BE A REALITY! (the plan for the temple to be completed!) It has been such a blessing in my life to see the faith of this woman, to learn from her and learn to love her in such a short period of time!

ELEPHANT RIDE!  
SO FUN! But also extremely terrifying! Elder Gundry has done it 3 times so we just kind of followed him. Since we can speak Thai we can do it for super cheap rather than the normal falang price. We went up to a random house and asked if we could ride their pet elephant for 150 baht (4 dollars) ..haha only in Thailand. We then proceeded to climb on their pet elephant and ride them for a half hour! Haha so fun and it was the best 4 dollars I have ever spent!

CHALLENGE
One thing I have really been learning these past few weeks is how important it is to give of yourself. My new companion has taught me about how much better things are when you forget your own problems and focus on helping the companionship (learned through trail and error) I am not perfect and it has been a learning experience being with her, but I am so grateful for this opportunity to grow! We are still learning but I know that we will both be much better people after this transfer. So that is my challenge for you all, forget yourself and focus on others. It is how Christ did everything so I pray that we can all follow his example! (trust me I am trying my very best everyday!)

Much much love,
ซิสเตอร์ แฮมมอน

"Hey, can we ride your elephant?"


I AM ON AN ELEPHANT!


My companion was freaking out so she was clinging onto me like the iron rod haha!





How cute is this little guy?



He told me to stand by it for a picture--THEN BAM--I was in the air!  haha So fun!


Haha  At this point I was so scared he was going to grab me with his trunk again!


THAILAND
Best P-days ever!

Our investigator's house

How you know Sister Hammon and Sister Panjaree are visiting someone's house.  
You find this on the outside.

The mosquitoes here are MASSIVE.  I repeat.  MASSIVE!

Service we did for National Children's Day!

We were told we would be doing heavy labor.  We got there and they asked us to draw pictures....Well okay, we can do that!

Hahaha last appointment of the day and I tried to put on my helmet before my vest...
it did not end well.

Our investigator (the older woman) invited us to eat dinner with their family 
for National Children's Day!  
It's a fancy Thai meal to get raw meat and cook it in the thing on the middle of the table while you talk with everyone.  I love it!

THE BEST Thai dessert...sugar stick rice with mangoes!


SUNSETS IN SISAKET



No comments:

Post a Comment