testifying in Thailand

testifying in Thailand

Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 62 - 1 Year of Life in THAILAND!

     Soooo this last week I officially hit my year mark in country!! For a solid year I have been in this crazy, beautiful, interesting, hilarious, surprising, INCREDIBLE country and all I know is God knows me better than I knows myself by calling me to Thailand.. It's full of weird smells, delicious food, gorgeous scenery, really weird smells...full of floods and heat waves galore, diseased ridden dogs/mosquitoes, 67 million Buddhists and 150 missionaries of Jesus Christ---and I am oh so blessed to be one of those missionaries. All I can say is I love this place with my whole heart!!:)

Heyyy my cute greenie Sister Henry (the one who is pro at singing) made this video which is absolutely adorable so take a look:)

ZONE CONFERENCE!
     This week we had zone conference here in Roiet which was so fun! We had all the sisters in our zone camp out in our apartment/castle which was a grand old time. Then President and Sister Johnson blew us away with spiritual enlightenment so it was the absolute greatest few days ever. My favorite thing was something Sister Johnson taught us about diligence--
"The faith to build must always be followed by the diligence to maintain" She compared it to this floating reed island in Peru and and we compared it to building our investigators and personal testimonies. It's not a one day thing, but a lifetime thing. LOVE them so much!

ROIET OFFICE SISTERS
     So this week our Bishop gave us (4 missionaries) an assignment to go through all the people who have been baptized in the past 2 years and make a super specific record for them so we could give it to the ward council and help all the new members. We are really trying to get the Bishop to trust us so we took on that assignment... Let's just say I have never felt more gratitude for ward clerks in my entire life. It took HOURS of work looking all this random information (and us writing it all in Thai wooohoo party--Thai addresses are super fun let me tell you) My previous office-records-clerks-self resurfaced and I determined to make this the greatest binder the bishop had ever seen. Anyway, in the end we got the binder finished and I know it will be a huge blessing to the ward. 
     But it was a huge testimony to me that God truly does number his children one by one. Being in a mission where the church is so new I have a newfound appreciation for all the people who magnify their callings. MIRACLES HAPPEN. Seeing others not do that is so sad, so don't let anyone down. Magnify your calling to the best of your ability and God will use you to work miracles, I promise!

Sorry this email is kind of random, just know I love Thailand, I love being a missionary and life is just good. Have a grand week, magnify your calling, maintain your faith and smile! It'll do you some good:)

รักมากเลย,
Sister Ham 
(basically what everyone in Thailand calls me)

Some of our very favorite Roiet members:)

My investigator asked me to carry her pet squirrel back to her house…Thailand

My year in country dinner—sticky rice and pork on a stick (BEST THING EVER)

Also a note—I FINALLY finished the Book of Mormon in Thai on my year mark! It is 700+ pages, the sentences have no spaces in them and the pages are bigger than normal.  The gift of tongues is real!

Favorite place to go inviting

We were roped into going to a funeral. 
The falangs didn’t get the memo that no smiling was allowed.

Roiet Office Sisters…the chocolate milk was the only thing that kept me going
Blessings upon our ward mission leader #freemeiji 

Our giant zone conference sleepover!

Zone conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment