testifying in Thailand

testifying in Thailand

Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 66 - Recovery Week

So this week was recovery week from my fever, but all of the members/investigators were SO CUTE. They found out I was sick and they went 'mom mode' on me...everyone. I was offered so many drugs. They told me to do all these crazy things to recover haha.  It was adorable. I definitely felt loved. I would wake up in the morning and Sister Morganti would tell me, "last night so-and-so followed up to make sure you were feeling better" x 3. The members here are MY FAVORITE. I love them all so much! Blessed to be a missionary in Thailand. 

Saw so many miracles this week but can't think of any specifically! Sorry! Today is my companion's birthday so we are going to have a crazy fun p-day and I can't think of anything to write...but miracles are happening I promise!! I'll do way better next week I promise...but in the mean time you can read this story about how I broke my nose at the park (well kind of)

FUNNY
So this week I was really sick, but by about Wednesday I was recovering but still had a runny nose. We were inviting at a small lake/park thing by our house that day and I had a huge pack of tissues just to be safe. We were teaching this GOLDEN investigator when my nose started running, and that's when I found the best surprise ever! I had a bloody nose! So luckily my tissue supply was just about gone. The person we were teaching wanted to keep talking so she gave me some tissues but I was dying with blood dripping down my hand (haha sorry this story is so gross). Anyway she finally stopped talking so we ran through the park to get to our bikes where I had the adventure of getting on/riding my bike home with 1 hand while holding my nose with the other. Haha it was a good day, but the best part came at night. Later that night the elders ran up to us and asked if I was okay/if I broke my nose! Haha apparently they were inviting at the lake as well when everyone asked them, "hey is your falang friend okay? She broke her nose here earlier!" Good times in the life of Sister Hammon

I LOVE being a missioanry and not just because I get to ride elephants again today...:) Love you all and have the best week ever!! ENJOY CONFERENCE FOR ME!! (Asia time = a week delayed) So that's the commitment--just remember "Despite the conditions of our day, we have many reasons to rejoice and be optimistic.”—Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson
THIS IS SO TRUE!  BE HAPPY!  The end, okay bye!!

รักมากเลย
Sister Hammon

SO CUTE! So Thai people are convinced that if your head gets wet you will get sick, since I’ve been sick all week, one of our recent converts, Brother Gawi, walked everywhere with us just so my head could be covered while it rained!  SO CUTE!  

Switch offs!


The smallest banana!

Night market inviting!

Haha this is a way cool picture the was not intended to be taken, 
but Sister Morganti is the best photographer ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment