testifying in Thailand

testifying in Thailand

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Week 67 - Lost Wallet = Found (4 MONTHS LATER)

Hello hello from the beautiful 101, life is oh so good so I decided to do a highlight list:

-We no longer have to wear skirts that cover our ankles!!!!! For the past 4 months we have had to wear pioneer skirts due to mosquitoes, but the rainy season is officially over and let me tell you, freedom feels good.
-We randomly had a European man walk up to us and tell us that he wanted to 'test out a religion' so HEYYY miracles! Let's hope this guy is better than Bernie the Baptist (from the good old Korat days)
-We successfully made a round trip to Bangkok in 18 hours (we had to renew Sister Morganti's visa...nights spent on a bus will not be missed after the mission)
-We rode elephants for Sister Morganti's birthday! Hahaha and the poor greenie in our district fell off one (long story but he's all good)
-I was running around at sports night on Friday (getting more competitive that I should have) and as I went to sit down my foot slid down a little weird so I looked down to see my foot bleeding with skin missing. Haha I hopped to the bathroom to clean it up and had my foot in the sink. Sister Morganti walked in and I turned to her and said "I'm an idiot" haha she died laughing... this is why missionaries aren't supposed to play too many games, but on the bright side modern medicine kept the wound uninfected! Woohoo!

And finally
-CRAZIEST MIRACLE: Don't know if you remember, but back in July my wallet fell out of my bag on a bus and I lost everything (money, credit cards, insurance cards, identification, and temple recommend) So while we were in Bangkok updating Visas a missionary comes up to me and hands me an envelope....WITH ALL OF THE CONTENTS OF MY WALLET! (besides money) I lost it in Korat...a 5 hour bus ride into the Esan. Apparently someone found it on the side of the road in BANGKOK and took it to the closest church (I have no idea how in the world they knew to take it to a church! The only thing 'churchy' in my wallet was my temple recommend!) So yes. Miracles happen people! (especially if you have a current temple recommend with you--challenge for the email. That and to believe in miracles! Even ones that happen 4 months late)

Other than that life has been incredibly wonderful. A few weeks ago Sister Morganti and I decided we needed to use the Lord's time more wisely and stop spending our time visiting our investigators with dates for baptism that didn't take those dates seriously. For a few weeks it was a struggle as we felt like we hadn't reaped the rewards form that act of faith, but this week was different. WE FOUND THE ELECT. SO many prepared people have been put in our path and I know it is because we chose to spend our time with those who are truly ready. I just want to testify that I know God prepares His children to receive this restored gospel. I know it because I have seen it over and over again and I pray for it daily. God wants this temple in Thailand and I am so blessed that He uses normal missionaries to accomplish this task! 

I LOVE MIRACLES. I love the Lord. I love found wallets after 4 months. I love elephants. I love skirts that don't touch my ankles. I love general conference- (6 more days people!) I love modern medicine #skinnedfoot I love being a missionary so very much, life is good :)

รักมากเลย
ซิสเตอร์ แฮมมอน
Sister Hammon

PROOF OF FOUND WALLET!

Switch offs with my old MTC companion Sister Nixon!  So so so fun!

Just getting aboard the coolest transportation of my life

We’re on an elephant!




Right before said greenie fell off the elephant…haha poor kid.

Yay for monkeys!

Hey there little guy (luckily he didn’t bite me)

Right after the skinned foot incident

1 comment: