testifying in Thailand

testifying in Thailand

Friday, April 14, 2017

Week who knows - SONGKRAN IN SISAKET!!

I have no time because every single internet cafe in the entire province of Sisaket is closed so we biked around forever until we found this super sketchy one.. but we don't really care because in 1 hour we are going to PLAY SONGKRAN.

Oh. My. Word. This holiday is the greatest thing this world has ever seen, a quick description:
-Thai New Year
-Hottest time of the year (and I'm telling you the fires from Hades have come upon the Esan because you walk outside and it stings because it is so hot BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE SONGKRAN)
-Celebrated by throwing water on everyone. Kids, dogs, old people and FALANGS. (Haha yesterday biking home from the activity we left dry and got home looking like we just took a dip in the pool. Falang on a bike = Khon Thai's favorite target)
-Seriously the question I keep asking is, "wait so you mean it's okay to get that person wet?" 
I LOVE IT. I've decided I'm bringing it to BYU next year so stay tuned.

Yesterday we were able to have a big party with the members for Songkran and we did this ceremony thing to honor the elderly then just played with water guns and hoses and water balloons like children and it was the greatest thing. My skin is so dark people see my arms and think I'm Thai haha it's the best #skincancer But my challenge comes from this--HONOR someone you know this week, probably your parents, it's a commandment so do it! Okay that's all.

ANYWAY I LOVE YOU ALL! I love this holiday more than anything, I love Sisaket with my whole heart, I love Thailand SO MUCH and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. LIFE IS OH SO GOOD WHEN YOU'RE A MISSIONARY...and always.

HAPPY SONGKRANNNNNN and I'll talk to you in like 3 days
Much much love,
ซิสเตอร์ แฮม

PS. Oh a more spiritual note--a FAMILY that I found a few months ago is getting baptized on the 23rd of April.....MIRACLES HAVE NOT CEASED

PPS. Pan decided to drop her baptismal date, pray for her!

Sneak peak to Songkran pictures, the only time weapons are allowed for missionaries haha


No comments:

Post a Comment